What is a Regulatory College?
When you see a regulated health care professional, you can expect to receive safe and ethical care from a qualified provider who is registered with a regulatory College. Each College sets rules and develops programs to ensure that members practice in the public’s best interest. Colleges establish standards, make decisions about who should be allowed to practice, ensure ongoing competency, and investigate complaints and concerns about health care providers.
Health care providers are accountable to their College for the quality of care they provide to you and for their professional conduct.
More information about regulated health care professional Colleges can be found on the Ontario Health Regulators website.
Who is part of the Citizen Advisory Group?
The Citizen Advisory Group Partnership brings together 15 Colleges who are eager to better engage patients in their work. All of these Colleges fall under the Regulated Health Professions Act.
- College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
- College of Denturists of Ontario
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario
- College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- College of Naturopaths of Ontario
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- College of Opticians of Ontario
- College of Optometrists of Ontario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario
- Ontario College of Pharmacists
Learn More or Apply to Be a Member
Join a diverse group of Ontario patients and caregivers who lend their voice to help support health regulators work in protecting the public interest.